In the little time I have been a mom I have learnt so much. I have been taught by friends, family and complete strangers the ins and outs of parenthood. I however have and will continue to do my own thing. I listen and appreciate all the advice and hints. Most times I end up trying out the information given to me. Other times…well the information given, despite the good intention is outdated.
Like any good parent, I will listen and in the end always trust my instinct.
Here is a list of what I have done and learned as a mom thus far and why being a mom is the coolest thing in the world…
- I grew a little person (well 3 little people)
- I nourished and fed these little people while they lived in my belly.
- I loved them even before I saw them.
- Even before I touched them.
- Despite them causing me pain, nausea, worry, changing my body forever, to name just a few, I love them.
- I will forever love them.
- I delivered them.
- I am there to watch all their milestones.
- From crawling to walking to eating solids to pooping in the potty….I am there.
- I care for them, I am a on call emergency nurse.
- I would do anything for them.
- They are dependent on me.
- I taught and will forever teach them. I am a teacher.
- They look up to me. I am their person (for all you Grey’s Anatomy fans).
- And there are so many more things to mention, with every new day comes a new thing learnt/taught.
- I am their MOM.
They teach me. They love me. They will forever and always be my babies, no matter what the world throws at me.
I love them unconditionally.
Until next time…